I’ve gotten a lot of questions on how I care for my hair beneath braids/twists and weaves, although I have no strict regimen for that, I’ll try to be as detailed as possible in this post. Before I got the Dark and Lovely Braids n Weaves hair care line (which was an answer to a silent prayer), my regimen consisted mostly of just spraying with water and oiling, I tried getting dry shampoos over here because sometimes I just don’t want to get your braids/weaves wet from shampooing/washing with water, the closest I got to a dry shampoo was Batiste from Jumia and it didn’t work well with my hair. I’ve used the Dark and Lovely range and it does exactly what I want it to do.
Left – Right;
- Dark and Lovely Braids’n Weaves Scalp wash
- Dark and Lovely Braids’n Weaves S.O.S Hairline
- Dark and Lovely Braids’n Weaves Hair Refresher + Anti – Odour
- Dark and Lovely Braids’n Weaves Scalp Soother + Anti-itch.
- Divide the braids/weave into smaller sections.
- Apply Dark and Lovely dry scalp wash, massage with a soft cloth to remove dirt.
- Spritz scalp lightly with water and olive oil mixed in a spray bottle.
- Apply Dark and Lovely Scalp Soother + Anti- Itch to scalp
- Spritz scalp and hair with Dark and Lovely Hair Refresher + Anti-odour
- Apply Dark and Lovely S.O.S Hairline to my edges.
- Spritz Scalp and Braids/Weaves with Dark and Lovely Hair Refresher + Anti-odor.
Every Other Day
- Spritz lightly with water/oil mixed in a spray bottle
- Apply Shea butter to scalp.
If you don’t mind getting your hair wet, there’s a post to guide you, click the link below
Wash That Weave!